The guide is fairly straightforward and simple with a couple of examples. The price is pretty good, too. Free.
Those of you who have downloaded it have asked for more. More explanation of the techniques. More examples of those techniques in action.
Just for you, I am working on a new, expanded book that will jump into the deep end of each technique including how and why they work. I plan to include many examples of each technique.
I could easily just make stuff up for fictitious companies and call it good. But I believe it will be a better read if I use real companies and real people trying to meet real needs with their advertising.
I want your business in my new book.
All you need to do is send me an email (email@example.com) with the following stuff...
- A quick description of your business (include contact info, taglines, etc)
- What you hope to accomplish with your advertising (draw traffic? sell a particular product? get into the top of a customer's mind?)
- Three unrelated words (English and recognizable and suitable for the FCC, please)
I will take your info and, using the techniques I describe, write a 30-second piece of ad copy around your advertising goal incorporating the three words.
Why the three words? Two reasons:
- To show you how you can be more creative than you originally thought
- Because using interesting words in unique combinations gets attention
If you send in a submission you will get...
- First right of refusal. You can tell me yay or nay if you don't want what I've written to be in the book.
- Freedom to use the copy for your own purposes. Yes, I give you the copyright of the copy I write for you. No charge.
- A free copy of the book once published.
- Publicity from being in the book.
I think that's a fair exchange. Don't you?
I already have a handful of submissions. I need about twenty more to tip this project. Will you be one of the tippers?
PS You don't have to be a retailer to send in your submission. In fact, I've already received submissions from life coaches, writers, and teachers. This will be a fun book to read that will help a lot of small businesses get better, including yours. Take three and a half minutes and send me an email. The only tricky part will be coming up with three words.