I've been telling you all this for years. Price is not the only thing. Convenience trumps price both in the store and more importantly online, too!
Here's the proof.
Quoting the article...
Continuum's 2012 Service Design Report looked at data from more than 1,000 consumers across the country and uncovered the top reasons they choose whether to shop in-stores or online.
The top reasons respondents say they shop in stores are:
• For convenience (40%);
• They don't trust the quality online (22%);
• They don't want to pay for shipping/returns (17 %);
• For better prices (17%); and
• For personal interaction (4%).
The top reasons respondents say they shop online are:
• For convenience (43%);
• It is easier to find what they are looking for (29%);
• For better prices (25%); and
• To avoid interaction with employees (3%).
(Doing a tiny little happy dance.)
PS That begs the question... How do you become more convenient? Come to Austin, TX January 29-30 and I'll show you.