- Balanced the store's checkbook
- Ran Sales Reports by department
- Measured GMROI by department
- Ran current Balance Sheet
- Ran Profit & Loss for the month and year-to-date
- Sat down with my buyers to make sure we were on track
- Monitored Cash Flow*
I'm not bragging. I'm not even saying I liked doing any of those things.
I am more Big Picture than I am Data & Details. But it takes Data & Details to draw the Big Picture. So I spend a few hours on the first of each month drawing the Big Picture with all of that Data & Detail.
Keeps the Big Picture clear in my head.
*I actually do this daily, not monthly.
PS The hyperlinks above take you to a couple really cool documents that help you understand those calculations. Most people won't bother to click on those links. But then again, you are not most people.